AOL Update

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sukipurr

Hi, novice here!

Am running AOL 9.1 and yesterday the following message appeared in a pop up in the right hand corner of screen (and won't go away - after closing box it returns after about 1/2 an hr)

AOL 9.1 GM Refresh
The GM AOL 9.1 version is available ..select install now to begin the upgrade to the latest version.
Thank you for your participation (Update 5004.1.4)

Do I need this update, don't know what it is....and if I don't, how do I get rid of the pop up. (Not too technical please!)

Grateful for any help, many thanks!

Sukipurr

Thanks, I will try that. I did look on the AOL help page but couldn't find anything relevant. Thanks for responding!

I wish I could do more for you but it's been a long time since I used AOL, please let us know how you get along. Best Wishes

Sukipurr

Many thanks, will probably leave it until tomorrow now (10.30pm where I am) Getting bogged down on the AOL page!

That's why I left AOL, it's a resource hog or at least it was years ago when I used it. You could try another ISP. Or get cable internet. Many people don't get cable internet because of cost concerns. To offset costs you can drop your landline an use cellphone service or internet phone service like Vonage ( 25 dollars a month ) or Magic Jack ( 21 dollars a year ). There's also Ooma where you buy the system for about 200 dollars and have no bills what so ever. There's also Skype which is free for Skype to Skype users.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online