1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AOL upgrade

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ztaha, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ztaha

ztaha Thread Starter

When I upgraded to AOL 8.0 from AOL 5.0 I'm unable to connect ,
    AOL 5.0 is working fine, please advise.:confused:

2. yul

yul

what error do u get when connect using aol 8.0 if any?

or does it just goes to a particular step and stop?

lemme know

3. ztaha

ztaha Thread Starter

NO ERROR MESSAGE, JUST STOP ON STEP 5 ( TALKING TONETWORK).

4. yul

yul

1.Open AOLand come to the sign on screen->click on setup->then expert setup.
    2.On this screen (connection setup) write down the numbers (access numbers) you have on a piece of paper.
    3.Select 'Home' and click on the delete button to delete it and clear this box.
    4.Click on 'add location'->make sure have 'Home'->click on next->on this screen click 'cancel' button.Now u are back on to the connection setup screen and u have 'home' in the box.
    5.Click on 'expert add' button->now on this screen enter the first access number (u had written on the piece of paper) in the 'name' box (top left) and 'edit number here' box (middle of screen)->click 'ok".You now have the first number below 'home'.
    6.repeat step 5 to add all the other access numbers u had written.
    7.Now on the connection setup screen click on 'devices,modem etc' tab...delete the modem/tcp,ip/home networks...to clear the box.
    8.click on 'auto detect' to search for connection device.Select the type of connection u have and click on next->click on yes to 'change for all access numbers'(in case of modem).
    9.u will be back to the sign on screen.......u r now free to sign on to AOL

I BET THIS IS GOING TO WORK......CASE RESOLVED SHALL I SAY?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118511

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice