1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AOpen DVD-RW doesn't recognize DVDs but reads CDs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Knightmare, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knightmare

Knightmare Thread Starter

I have an AOpen DUW1608/ARR DVD-RW drive. It worked great until a day or so ago, and then all of a sudden it only reads CDs and not DVDs. I have tried updating the firmware, I have tried restore points back to when it did work. When no disc is in the drive My Computer says its a DVD-RW drive. When a DVD is in the drive, the light flashes on the drive and eventually it is shown as a CD-ROM. I can open the drive but I do not see any contents.

I apologize if this issue has been asked before. But can anyone help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589908

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice