Solved AORUS GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti ELITE 8G

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I believe you have seen my reply, as you visited the site early today
Your response would be greatly appreciated when you get chance

austin756576

1. Welcome to the site
2. It MAY be easier if you told us why you suspect it may be.
3. AORUS GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti ELITE 8G (rev. 1.0) Specification | Graphics Card - GIGABYTE Global

A very reliable indicator is usually where did you buy it from and how much did it cost.
Also reasonably reliable is the packaging and quality ofthe printing on the package - box etc .
Approx cost new £650 (UK GBP)

The core clock and memory clock are different from what the manufacturer say it's supposed to be and I'm getting different results in MSI afterburner then what gpu-z tells me and when I try and use the built-in look up function in gpu-z it comes back as an unrecognized card and game performance in 1080p ultra settings are poor even when the overlays say it's only at 60% use and I'm running these games off of a m.2 drive all these different things are adding up making me question if I have a genuine product Also I have a 600w power supply and I purchased this card from Micro Center Chicago, IL I live in Florida though

Attachments

austin756576

If there's any other information I can provide that could help please let me know I will reply as fast as I can I finally got signed in on my Android so I should be able to reply a lot faster thank you

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I cannot understand why TechPower reports it cannot find it as it is definitely in their database
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database
HOWEVER NOTE not the elite version - however I do not think that would make a difference

I must be on a go slow because I cannot see this
the core clock and memory clock are different from what the manufacturer say it's supposed to be
According to the Gigabyte website the core clock and memory clock is

As to the chance you have a non genuine I would say - there is NO chance.
As to the chance it is faulty - who knows at this stage

I presume you have both 8 pin AND 6 pin connected to the card

austin756576

Thank you and yes both pins are connected and yes the 7,000mhs is what I was referring to it's a relief to know that I didn't get fake card thank you for putting my mind at ease

update just read that link on Tom's Hardware I think I understand now thank you

Last edited:

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Yes indeed 7000 MHz memory clock SPEED
Double Data Rate - 14000MHz
not conected of course with Memory capacity
8GB
but some reserved for the graphics system as against the actual memory available for the graphics themselves

What motherboard is the card in please

austin756576

I have a 600 watt power supply my graphics card recommends a 650 watt power supply what kind of if any kind of performance losses should I expect or could possibly happen what I want to know is if at the very least I won't be getting Peak Performance out of the whole computer my CPU is a ryzen 5 3600

austin756576

I have a 600 watt power supply my graphics card recommends a 650 watt power supply what kind of if any kind of performance losses should I expect or could possibly happen what I want to know is if at the very least I won't be getting Peak Performance out of the whole computer my CPU is a ryzen 5 3600 65w CPU

Last edited:

austin756576

I have a 600 watt power supply my graphics card recommends a 650 watt power supply what kind of if any kind of performance losses should I expect or could possibly happen what I want to know is if at the very least I won't be getting Peak Performance out of the whole computer my CPU is a ryzen 5 3600
65w CPU

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online