Apache server and Dreamweaver

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bloodfoot

I've an Apache server on my laptop, with php mysql perl etc...- all in working order (courtesy of Apache2Triad)
When i try to connect dreamweaver to my server, i always get an error message.
I've tried the settings with other programs, and it has worked fine. :eek: (n)

Use the IP address of the web site when creating the site in Dreamweaver.

bloodfoot

I already tried that, Localhost, 127.0.0.1, even the path to mysql.exe, htdocs. No luck. I have a feeling it might be the version that's the problem.:)

Does your default web site come up in your browser when you enter any of those addresses?

bloodfoot

well i found out what the problem was. dreamweaver mx2004 or v8.0 don't work with
mysql v4.xx. I installed v5, and it's working fine now. Thanks all the same

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online