Apex AD-660 DVD Player wont play.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

harryman

I've had my Apex AD-660 DVD player for a year now. It recently stopped playing DVD's. It just keeps saying no disc. I think this might be becasue of a virus from a VCD I made with a movie I downloaded form Kazza, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix the virus, or if it even is possible to be a virus?:(

You can't infect a stand alone DVD player with a virus.

If it no longer recognises commercially made DVD's then its most probable that the laser output has dropped off.

If its home recorded VCD's then they are fussy about the brand and type of media.

You could try cleaning the assembly to remove any dust build-up, but in my experience that seldom is the cause. Be very careful when doing so, the alignment mechanism is very fragile.

TKL

I have an APEX AD-600 DVD player and it plays the VCD's fine when I burn it correctly. Lots of times I find its the disc that are not burned properly by the software or I did not convert it properly. It's a big time waster to download and convert for me. Just because it plays one the computer is no guarantee it'll play on the home DVD.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online