1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

App can't reach license activation server

Discussion in 'Networking' started by gigablip, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gigablip

gigablip Thread Starter

Hello,

After using Capture One Pro version 4 RAW image workflow software from Phase One for a few weeks with no problems (and version 3 for a couple of years before that), suddenly the application has reverted from the Pro version which I paid for to the less capable Standard version.

Between my description of events and screenshots, Phase One support has determined that the application cannot reach the company's activation server to verify the status of my license code. My user account on their site says I have 2 free upgrades and 2 activations remaining. In the app, it says I have zero and zero.

I've tried deactivating and reactivating the software, but I get the error: Capture One was unable to deactivate the software on the server. This happens whether I try to connect from home or from my studio.

I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1.

Phase One support suggested creating a new Windows user account and trying it from there, but that didn't work. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, and completely disabling my firewall (AVG 8).

The last from Phase One support (in Asia, who can reply no more than once a day :mad:):

How can I determine if there's a problem related to any of these factors?

Thanks,
    Jerome

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'd be surprised if machines can ping themselves on 128.0.0.1, since the loopback address is 127.0.0.1!

I wonder what other misconceptions they have?

BTW, that IP address for activation is in NJ, not Asia. :)

I think I'd connected directly to my broadband modem, disable any firewalls, and run the activation. If that doesn't do it, you're pretty much out of luck.

3. gigablip

gigablip Thread Starter

On the support web site it says Customer Service Asia. Makes sense because they always reply at like 3 am. :p

I will try connecting directly to the cable modem. Although I can't work like that, maybe it will shed some light on the problem. Thanks for the suggestion.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Yep, I didn't figure you'd leave it like that, just trying to eliminate variables. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/780526

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice