Solved App data not showing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SilverSurf

Hello All -- I used to have App Local, App Roaming and something else App showing but they no longer do. I have checked show hidden folders is selected. How do I get these to show again?

Regards Silversurf

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Have you turned on SYSTEM files?

SilverSurf

Hello DaveA - I don't know how to do that, would you tell me how please.

Regards Silversurf

In File Explorer, View, View Options, just checkmark all the boxes. Just don't go deleting files that you haven't seen before because Windows System files are previously hidden and you wouldn't know of them

SilverSurf

Hello lunarlander - I followed your instructions but the app roaming etc, etc still doesn't show. Can you offer any further suggestions please.

Regards Silversurf

managed

Allan
I think he meant UNcheck all the boxes !

I would uncheck starting with Hide empty drives down to Hide protected ...
Also click on Show hidden files, folders and drives

SilverSurf

Hello managed - thanks for your advice although it didn't solve the issue. I tried clicking on all sorts of things trying to find these apps and purely by luck clicked on users, saw my name and opened this and the apps roaming etc etc were in there and I was able to access them. Now how do I get them back to where they should be? If I click on Application Data it says not accessible. Also in Documents a new file has appeared called "Desktop.Ini" any idea what that's about?

Regards Silversurf

Under C:\Users\<yourUserName> are all your data files and windows data. That includes AppData, Documents, Pictures. And stuff Windows keeps that relates to your account and login. Thats where they should be.

Desktop.ini is a system file maintained by Windows. Most folders have one.

The folders that you see on the left side of File Explorer are just shortcuts links to the Users folder made by Windows for your convenience.

Try opening the run box widows key +r and type %appdata% perhaps that's what your looking for

SilverSurf

Hello lunarlander and Lozzy-loz. Many thanks for your replies, all is now well. You people are great at helping people like me who know next to nothing about computers.

Thanks Silversurf

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online