1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved App data not showing

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by SilverSurf, Nov 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SilverSurf

SilverSurf Thread Starter

Hello All -- I used to have App Local, App Roaming and something else App showing but they no longer do. I have checked show hidden folders is selected. How do I get these to show again?

Regards Silversurf

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Have you turned on SYSTEM files?

3. SilverSurf

Hello DaveA - I don't know how to do that, would you tell me how please.

Regards Silversurf

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

In File Explorer, View, View Options, just checkmark all the boxes. Just don't go deleting files that you haven't seen before because Windows System files are previously hidden and you wouldn't know of them

5. SilverSurf

Hello lunarlander - I followed your instructions but the app roaming etc, etc still doesn't show. Can you offer any further suggestions please.

Regards Silversurf

6. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    I think he meant UNcheck all the boxes !

I would uncheck starting with Hide empty drives down to Hide protected ...
    Also click on Show hidden files, folders and drives

7. SilverSurf

Hello managed - thanks for your advice although it didn't solve the issue. I tried clicking on all sorts of things trying to find these apps and purely by luck clicked on users, saw my name and opened this and the apps roaming etc etc were in there and I was able to access them. Now how do I get them back to where they should be? If I click on Application Data it says not accessible. Also in Documents a new file has appeared called "Desktop.Ini" any idea what that's about?

Regards Silversurf

8. lunarlander

lunarlander

Under C:\Users\<yourUserName> are all your data files and windows data. That includes AppData, Documents, Pictures. And stuff Windows keeps that relates to your account and login. Thats where they should be.

Desktop.ini is a system file maintained by Windows. Most folders have one.

The folders that you see on the left side of File Explorer are just shortcuts links to the Users folder made by Windows for your convenience.

9. Lozzy-loz

Lozzy-loz

Try opening the run box widows key +r and type %appdata% perhaps that's what your looking for

10. SilverSurf

Hello lunarlander and Lozzy-loz. Many thanks for your replies, all is now well. You people are great at helping people like me who know next to nothing about computers.

Thanks Silversurf

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219859

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice