Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Appears a screenshot of my entire screen is taken

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Blu_86 
#1 ·
Every so often it looks like a screenshot of my web page is taken.
It has gone for about a year now, about once every 3 months.

No one else uses my computer
When it happen today, i was on a web page ordering toilet paper,one other time on twitter
The screenshot,if that is what it is, takes the entire screen-not just webpage
i dont surf on anything controversial, no facebook,no political pages,etc
i posted this topic before but at the time i was unsure if it was a one time occurrence or consistent---ie consistent

#2 ·
Me personally.......I would do a clean install ASAP because it sure sounds like you've been compromised in some fashion. In instances like this I don't take a chance, I wipe/format the drive and do a clean install.

As for any personal data on that drive....I would only save pictures/video and personal documents and move that to a USB drive. Then take that drive to a 2nd PC/laptop and scan it for Virus's/Malware. The rest I would let go in the clean install.

#6 · (Edited)
Sorry for not responding promptly. Had a convid19 scare/concern for the past 3 weeks. Negative incidentally.

To answer some questions:
Remote assistance was already disabled..
I completed many different virus,malware,spybot,malabyte and other scans over the past 3 weeks.
Changed passwords
A full reinstall. --i would like not to do that...that would be a huge project and would likely cause many time consuming issues. For one i have win10 over WIN7 and not sure if i would get WIN10

To refresh this topic/issue from my first post: : 'Every so often it looks like a screenshot of my FULL SCREEN is taken'---ie tashbar,web page,everything
It had not happen for about a month. Occurred 3 times in past 3 days..and actually occurred as i typed this post

#9 ·
RE Chrome browser.

RE:"describe exactly what happens when it 'takes a screenshot"

I will be moseying along on the internet, all of a sudden the entire screen blinks out for 2 seconds.
When i say the entire screen i mean 100% of the screen...not just the browser section of the screen but taskbar, bookmark shortcut tabs. If i am on a webpage that has sound going on, ie, music, radio,you tube page, i dont think the sound goes out for the 2 seconds.

#10 ·
If it's just happen in Chrome.....I'd uninstall it.....ASAP! Then reboot, download a fresh copy and install Chrome.

Are you signed in to Chrome and have sync turned on? If so, you will need to clean chrome complete while being signed in. There a place in chrome settings to do that....I forget where atm. If not, when you install chrome and sign in all your setting will move over and with that along comes the issue.

#11 ·
If it's just happen in Chrome.....I'd uninstall it.....ASAP! Then reboot, download a fresh copy and install Chrome.

Are you signed in to Chrome and have sync turned on? If so, you will need to clean chrome complete while being signed in. There a place in chrome settings to do that....I forget where atm. If not, when you install chrome and sign in all your setting will move over and with that along comes the issue.
I am on chrome 99.99999% of the year so i cant say if it happens only on Chrome.
Sync is off.
Going to do that. Uninstall and clean copy of Chrome. I have alot of 'stuff' build up over 3 years of Chrome
Already removed a bunch of extensions.

Although I have a gut feeling it is not the browser doing this mystery like screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.