1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AppHangXProcB1 Problem in Widows Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by WorknBytes, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WorknBytes

WorknBytes Thread Starter

My computer keeps locking up on me. I have an e-machine 80gb desktop.

I have to keep closing the program an starting all over again, and again, and again,etc.

I finally found out it is a problem with ( AppHangXProcB1 ).

Is there any way I get get rid of this very annoying problem?

Thank You,
    WorknBytes

2. coolguy110395

coolguy110395

CAn you please specify which is the program you try to close?

3. WorknBytes

The problem does not accur when trying to close programs, it happens as I am trying to open new internet taps. I am sorry if I did not explain it more thorough, I am new to forums and also a novice when it comes to computers.

Very Sorry,
    worknBytes

4. WorknBytes

coolguy110395,

Sorry but you were partially correct when asking which program I was trying to close.
    perhaps I can explain in more detail.

First I get on the internet then I go too say my homepage and then start surfing. Sometime during surfing it will stop responding and I have a blank white page. When I try to exit the page nothing happens and I get the little pop-up that says something to the effect that the page is not responding.

It gives me 3 options the first I don't remember. The second is (Close the program) and the third is (Wait for program to respond). The only option that works somewhat is the (Close the program), and if I click that I am back to my desktop and off the internet altogether.

WorknBytes

5. coolguy110395

coolguy110395

6. WorknBytes

coolguy110395,

Thanks, I will try upgrading to IE 8 and get back to you ASAP. If that does not work I will try Firefox. What do you think of Ubuntu?

WorknBytes

7. coolguy110395

coolguy110395

Well, if you wanna try ubuntu, make a live cd of it and try it. After you have got some experience with it and if you fell comfortable. then go for ubuntu. navigate here http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download . select the appropriate versions and a .iso file will be downloaded. burn this as a bootable cd. Reboot your pc and you are ready for ubuntu.

8. WorknBytes

coolguy110395,

I tried installing Firefox and the problem was even worst than with Windows Vista.

I will probally endure the problem till I get a new Computer.

Thank You Very Much for your help,
    WorknBytes

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/978838