Apple IPOD on Windows ME ?!?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

davemilne

Hey everyone

I am considering buying an IPOD but am still using windows ME and was wondering if anybody knows about whether they are compatible ? (and yes i am too broke to buy XP :rolleyes: ).

I have checked around on the internet but there isnt much about. The apple website just says windows 2000 SE is compatible, but isnt ME just like 2000.
Is there a program which will allow it to work.

and help

thanks!

dave

Yes it does, but please read this first;

iPod software 2.1: About Windows ME Support
To use an iPod that has iPod 2.1 or later software with Microsoft Windows ME, you'll first need to restore iPod to a previous version of the software.

Windows ME works with iPod software 1.3 through 2.0.2. Windows ME does not work with iPod software 2.1 or later or with iPod mini software 1.0.

To use an iPod that has iPod software 2.1 or later with Windows ME, restore your iPod using the original CD that came with it.

If your iPod is repaired, chances are it will come back with the latest version of iPod software. In this case, you'll need to restore it to a previous version.

Note: iTunes for Windows and iPod mini only work with Windows XP and Windows 2000.

Related documents

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online