1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Apple Mac i5 all in one OS

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by ozziebeanie, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie Thread Starter

cool, well the OS did start loading according to my dad, will have to see everything when i get back down there, i am in Australia, and not looking at selling it, its a cheap way to get to know about apple computers

2. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

Hold down the command and R keys while you press the power button.. Keep holding the keys until you see the Apple logo..

If it boots into recovery, you have a OS system installed.

3. ozziebeanie

Ok found out the hard drive was there but not connected, and when we went to put screen wires back on I stuffed up the lcd data cable, we are going to give it one more go tomorrow but I think I stuffed up the cable, going to buy another one, found one on ebay but can not buy it because I have my password in the password program at home and not here with me at my dads so have to wait till I get back home to order it, will update as things happen

4. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

Does it look remotely like this?

5. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

Okay the image did not come through..It is probably a old see through iMac from the late '90's - early 2000's era. It was the first MAC I owned.. Good machine. You might be a bit constrained with the OS that can be used with this machine especially if it contains a pre Intel chip..

6. ozziebeanie

late 2011 model, all in one, 21.5 inch, its at my dads so can not take a picture but found a pic on the net like it which i have attached

Attached Files:

7. ozziebeanie

Cable on its way now, have got it sent strait to my dads, he will dive in and put it all back together again hahaha, he wont wait for me to turn up

8. ozziebeanie

Well the part arrived, as i expected when i was not there, the screen is now back working, we are now looking to down load an installer when my daughter comes down from up north as she has a apple notebook, as anything i wanted to down load from apple website did not work (from windows computer) if we can not get an installer on to a stick we will take a stick/flash drive to a computer shop and get them to down load an installer, i asked at one while up north and they said they would do it for $30.00 including the flash drive, i guess you have to pay if someone else is doing it, but will see if we can do it on my daughters computer she is down there on the 19th of this month, will update when there is something to update.

9. ozziebeanie

Ok a wee bit of an update, cable arrived and now screen working again my dad thinks that the power is the problem with the all in one and has rigged up the docker but waiting on another cable to connect that externally to see if power problem or just need a installer, if i can get through without to much traffic problems, with the Commonwealth Games on, which will be on next time i visit, so will be seeing him in two weeks to see what he is up to. Apparently they have the cycling event on about five minutes from where he is living

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1204347

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice