1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Application and Network problems Please Help.

Discussion in 'General Security' started by xScriptxKiddiex, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xScriptxKiddiex

xScriptxKiddiex Thread Starter

Hi, I'm new to the forums so I apologize if I have posted in the incorrect location or I don't do it correctly, I am 16 and looking to get a CEH degree when I'm older but have just recently in the past year began experimenting with my pc in-depth.

I am having problems with my PC (Windows XP) and I was wondering if anyone was having similair problems or knew how to help...I'm not sure if this is a virus or if it is my fault and I did something to cause the errors.

I'm on my parents computer at the moment but I still have access to mine (for the most part)

My computers errors are the following:

1. firefox.exe - Application error
    The instruction at 0x8bf9a913 referenced memory at 0x8bf9a913. The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program. This happens everytime I attempt to run Firefox. I have tried to run IE in safe mode but as soon as it opens it closes.

2. ashMaiSv.exe
    The exception unknown software exception (0xc06d007e) occured in the application at location 0xc06d007e.

3.After the ashMai error a system shutdown box appears and it read Windows must now restart because the DCOM server process launcher...
    That was all I could copy before it shutdown (it only did it twice and the third time I restarted it didn't do the auto-shutdown, the first time I saw it I did Run>shutdown -a.

4.So...now past the application errors it has deleted my user documents but not the shared documents.

5.I can't open my flash drive...I check "my computer" but it isn't listed there anymore.

6. obviously with the firefox error comes no internet...and since my flashdrive doesn't work on my computer now it would be useless to download anything to it and try and run them on my computer.

7.Almost forgot...I can't run ComboFix, HiJackThis or, or my avast virus cleaner, so I tried to run them via start menu and it said they have either been moved or deleted.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

You could try booting from the Windows Ultimate Boot CD.

And please, do not run ComboFix without proper supervison by a malware removal expert. It's a powerful tool and you could render your computer inoperable.

3. perfume

perfume Banned

Dear phantom010,
    With so many app. getting disabled or deleted and Error messages, can malware infection be considered?:confused:

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Yes we can. But I doubt the malware removal team could do much without the OP being able to install or run any important malware removal applications.

I'm hoping the UBCD can temporary override these issues for the OP to run a few diagnostic tools or a system restore.

To be quite honest, I would do a fresh reinstall after reformating.

5. perfume

perfume Banned

Dear phantom,
    Thanks!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!