1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

application background colour - windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by shelley, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shelley

shelley Thread Starter

Actually, it's not the application background colour - but I'm struggling to know what it is. I've attached two screen snaps. 001 shows an image (the block of colours) as seen in Corel Photopaint. 002 shows how it looks in "Full-screen Preview" from that application. It's the second image I'm concerned with. I would like the space beyond the image when seen in "Full-screen Preview" to be #000000 (black) not #F0F0F0, as you see it. This may be specified by the application (Photopaint) but nothing seems to control it there. Is it a Windows thing? Can it be changed?

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    Did you forget to attach your screenshots?

3. shelley

shelley Thread Starter

Hhmmm, sorry about that. Thought I had. 001 is as it's seen in Paint. 002 is as it's seen in full-screen preview. I'm looking to make the grey in 002, more black.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      95.7 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      22.4 KB
      Views:
  4. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    No problem...unfortunately I have no idea what to suggest as I have never used those programs. I just thought I'd let you know your pics weren't there. :)

5. shelley

shelley Thread Starter

OK, thanks.

6. Harrier-USA

Harrier-USA

You should be able to select the color you want from the right hand side and use the flood fill tool from the left side and use the flood in the area you want to change.

I don't use Corel, but they are usually pretty much the same in the basics.

7. shelley

shelley Thread Starter

I appreciate your interest but you're missing the point :(. The second screen shot is the working image when viewed in full screen, the working image in this case being the square full of colours (the dark grey around it is the image window background - I know, all these "backgrounds"). So, if the working image doesn't fill the screen then the rest has to filled with something, in my case, it's a light blue/grey field. Where does that colour come from, is the question. The next is, how do I change it to black?

I assume most decent digital editing software would have the "View in Full Screen" function. It's got nothing to do with the image or the image window, which is what you're describing.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!