1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

application crashes 1000 & 1001

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gdd, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdd

gdd Thread Starter

Hello I'm having odd issues launching programs on my Windows XP Pro SP1 machine. The only change I've made to my system in the last month is a bios upgrade for my Intel d865PERL motherboard. I had no problems with that update for several weeks until I installed SP2. I had a majority of problems with it (including a STOP error BSOD) so I got a new harddrive and installed a fresh Win XP SP1 installation.

Now, some applications (only 2 i know of so far) fail to launch properly. For example when I launch iTunes or Quicktime the program fails to launch and my event log displays this:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Application Error
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1000

Description:
    Faulting application itunes.exe, version 4.6.0.15, faulting module itunes.exe, version 4.6.0.15, fault address 0x000bedea.

and then I get this in a following error:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Application Error
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1001

Description:
    Fault bucket 112454710.

I've got the latest drivers from all the manufacturers, and this is a constant problem. My hunch leads me to suspect the motherboard since its a recurring problem on multiple drives. Any insight to this would be very appreciated-

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!