1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Application for phone conversation via Landline

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by crcook84, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crcook84

crcook84 Thread Starter

Some months ago, my dad wanted help blocking certain phone numbers on his landline. I had the idea that I could program a computer to block certain numbers. I found a program called PhoneTray that could block numbers with the aid of a dial-up modem. (The program is called PhoneTray Free 1.39. There is a newer version. But, since it switched companies, it hasn’t worked as well.) The thing is that would need a dial-up modem and non of our computers had RJ11 ports. So, we had to buy one. This is the first time we’d be using a dial-up model since 1999 (?). I install the program and the drivers for the adapter and it’s been blocking number ever since.

Anyways, this got me thinking. We use the PhoneTray application to block numbers because our home phone can only store so many numbers. Is there a program that can dial a number through the landline so that you can still use your home phone to talk to that person? I’m not talking about a program like Skype where it costs to call someone or you have to talk to them through your PC. I’d like to be able to pick up the phone while the PC dials the individual’s number and I can talk to them when they answer their phone.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143209

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice