1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect..

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Lippittnutt, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lippittnutt

Lippittnutt Thread Starter

My vista home premium was running perfectly until June 26, 2010 after a recommended download from the Microsoft update site.(Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile for Windows Vista x86 (KB982670)).

At first I couldn't even get on the internet at all. Local only network. Called my ISP, verified it was not their hardware, or my computer. Called Microsoft, they at least got me back to the internet. Now when I go to open programs that worked perfectly well before I get this message: "The application has failed to start because it side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail." A few programs still open, most do not. The ones that don't all come up with this same msg. These are the ones that don't open:
    Adobe Photoshop Elements 8.0.exe
    zoombrower Ex.exe a canon photo editing program,
    c:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksWP.exe
    " \ " \ " \WksCal.exe
    " \ " \ " \wksdb.exe
    " \ " \ " \WksSb.exe
    " \ " \ " \wksss.exe
    Norton Security Program c:\Program Files\Norton 360\Engine\3.8.0.41\uiStub.exe
    Quicken WillMaker Plus 2009 c:\Program Files\Quicken WillMaker Plus 2009\qwp.exe
    Windows Live:
    c:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe
    " \ " \ " \Photo Gallery\MovieMaker.exe
    " \ " \ " \Photo Gallery\WLXPhotogallery.exe
    There are others but I think they don't open because the system restore program cannot complete a system restore and my shortcuts and program paths have been shuffled due to the incompleted system restore attempt.
    This one really stands out as an important one to be looked at ehshell.exe-.net/ Framework Initialization Error "C:\Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework\V2.0.50727\could not be loaded
    Am I misguided in hoping that if I "fix" this ehshell command/program everything else may fall into place?
    I am dreadfully afraid of attempting anything with the registry as I am a complete novice but am willing to give it a try if someone has the patience to guide me. Please if anyone can help. I can't really go out on the internet too far, or too wide as my Norton Anti-virus program is not working. My surfing for help with this is limited to sites that "seem" trustworthy and that's not many now a days.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/932612

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice