1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Application has generated an exception

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by xgerryx, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xgerryx

xgerryx Thread Starter

Hi Guys

I am working on a computer where the owner has deleted something in "add/remove", but he is not really sure what, but from what I can gather it is probably part of Net framework as that is just below the program he was trying to remove (mailwasher).
    The result being microsoft office and a few other programs will not open and generate the following series of errors:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0xba8 (2984), Thread id=Oxbac (2988).
    Click OK to terminate the application. Click CANCEL to debug the application.

If I click cancel i get this:
    Registered XT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a XT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2). Please check computer settings.
    cordbg.exe!a Oxd48
    Click on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually. Click on Cancel to abort the XT debug request.

Runtime Error!
    Program: C:%PROGRA-I%MI1933"I%Office%OUTLOOK.EXE
    abnormal program termination

A search of MS Support doesn't find anything.

Reinstalling net framework has resulted in now being able to access his emails (outlook) but no other MS Office programs.

Any help appreciated.

Gerry

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!