1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Application Launch Error

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by a52chand, Oct 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a52chand

a52chand Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have been pushed to the extent to ask help regarding an issue I am facing. I have tried many different methods but I have not been able to successfully solve this issue I am facing.

I am using a Windows 10 Laptop, Acer Predator 15, and I have this issue when launching applications, mostly game-related ones. I use Integrated Graphics where I have Intel HD Graphics 530 as well as NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970 M. My pc is x64 bit and runs on Windows 10 and is upto date. While the game launches, it does not display, and only a small portion of its title bar can be viewed. The game's sound runs in the background but I can't view or play the game. This is not pertaining to just Steam but also other clients such as Origin,, etc. I can't even open Origin right now because of this error.

I have contacted Microsoft Support, Windows Support and Steam support but none of them have been able to help me. I am hoping someone has solved or knows how to solve this issue.

The only thing that shows up is a title bar, the width of half a finger, and it has the name of the application on it and the minimize, maximize and close buttons.
    I have attached an example here so it can help you understand.
    This problem usually happens when I try to launch most steam games and other applications like Origin, etc. I would be grateful to anyone who can help me out.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218147

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice