1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Applications crash after waking in Windows 7 64-bit when keyboard is used

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by fjourdin, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fjourdin

fjourdin Thread Starter

Applications crash after waking in Windows 7 64-bit when keyboard is used

I have a Dell Studio 1569 laptop with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit installed. It's got 4GB RAM and the Intel i5 Core processor.

Since I installed Windows 7 Professional a few months ago, about 50% of the time when I close the laptop and re-open it later, Windows boots fine. Then I put in my password, which works fine.

However, once I'm on my desktop, any program that I run, such as a browser, word processor, etc opens fine, but when I type anything using the keyboard the program crashes with (Not Responding). No matter what program I open, this happens.

The only solution is to restart the computer. Then things work fine until the next sleep.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919578

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice