1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Applications in Windows 2000 pro

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by r814, Jan 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. r814

r814 Thread Starter

I have a question about several users on a win2000 machine. I noticed when loading applications, not all users get access to the program. I see the user profiles in doc-settings folder, but not the applications.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Bob

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

It really depends on if the program gave the user that installed it the ability to install it for all users. Win2000 keeps a different set of registry settings for each user, therefore not all programs would work correctly if everybody had access to them..

You may try moving a shortcut for the program to the "all users" "start menu" folder, it may or may not work.

3. r814

r814 Thread Starter

Thanks, I did try that, but when the user clicks on the icon, an error message appears about access to the program.

Is this a common problem, or do you install an application for each user?

4. SacsTC

SacsTC

It's not a problem. The administrator has the capability of giving different people different access. It's call system security.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/195603

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice