1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Applications not closing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ms1502, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ms1502

ms1502 Thread Starter

Hello there, can anyone help me, I;m operating windows XP using broadband connection but applications will not close most of the time. They just hang there even when i do CTRL ALT Del it just brings up a box with "cancel now" but when i click it, it makes no difference. The app will eventually close 5 -10 minutes later but it is so annoying. I run anti virus and spywear all the time and delete anything that shows up

any help would be great

2. Lance1

Lance1

When was the last time you Defraged? Also what do you have running in the background?

3. ms1502

ms1502 Thread Starter

Hello lance.... defrag did not help. sometimes there might be a lot of things running and others times nothing a all.... i forgot to say applications are sometimes slow to open as well

thanks

maura

4. Lance1

Lance1

Go into msconfig via the run command. Look in the startup and see whatÂ’s running. Remove anything not needed like you anti-virus and or firewall. Restart the computer and see if it makes a difference

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221328

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice