1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Applications on ibook G4 won't open ...

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by msmac, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msmac

msmac Thread Starter

(print manager, dash board, profiler etc. heaps of things) when I click on them they just fail to open, although some will flash for a nano second and then disappear again. I'm sure it's a small thing for experts and that I'm the problem but I need help please. Thanks in advance. msmac.

2. emoxley

emoxley

Being on the desktop, chances are that each one is just an alias (mac version of a shortcut). Make sure they are alias'. If it is, delete it, find original program for it, highlight the program icon, and make a new alias (used to be "command+M" keys. Don't know if it still is, under OSX). If the desktop icon is the actual program, go into the preferences folder, and toss out the prefs, for that program, and try again to open it.

To see if desktop icon is an alias, highlight it, click on "File" in menu at the top, find and click on "Get Info". When info window opens, if there is a button there that says "Find Original", the desktop icon is an alias.

I hope this helps. The ways I told you to do things, was the pre-OSX days, way of doing it. Not sure if you do them the same way under OSX. If not, someone else will have to help.
    Good luck!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540430

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice