1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Applications Programmer and Mac?

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Nick8539, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick8539

Nick8539 Thread Starter

Hey guys I have a question. I'm in college now studying Applications Programming and was looking into buying a laptop. I'm still taking some core classes so I still dont know anything about programming :( . All I know is I'll be learning C++, VB Programming, Database Management, System Development and Design, UNIX or LINUX, and Object Oriented Design and Programming.

My question is, will I be able to use a Macbook with this? What problems will I encounter? I am totally clueless when it comes to this so I want to make sure I make the right purchase. I've had an iBook before and loved it so I really want a Macbook now. I just dont want to buy and not be able to use it for any of my programming needs.:p

Thanks

2. Fyzbo

Fyzbo

You may wish to discuss this with the head of your department, or any professor for that matter. At my college I could not program most of my assignments on mac. Most were either windows or linux and some were only for linux. The few times a mac could be used those trying to do it on a mac had more trouble as all in class example code was written on a windows machine.

This is just my experience though, it is possible your college embraces the mac a lot more then mine did.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489334

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice