1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Appreciate some help with the BS Virus and more

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by wakeolda, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wakeolda

wakeolda Thread Starter

I would appreciate some help in removing the BS Virus (forget the real name of this killer) and the trojan.peacom.b

This is on my daughter's machine and the BS makes you think you are running some kind of adaware type program.

Thing is this virus has complete taken over the machine and you can do nothing, hence the reason I am not uploading a hijack this log file.

Norton found the trojan.peacomm.b but did not remove it, rather sent it quarantine.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I am about to fdisk this machine and start over.

This machine is running xp pro service pack 1. Not sure why I hadn't installed sp 2 :)

Thanks in advance.

Steve

2. wakeolda

wakeolda Thread Starter

An update...

I attempted to use the win xp disk to repair and when I enter the admin password it kicks me out to the c:\windows prompt and stops. I can do a dos dir of the c:\windows directory.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644803

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice