Appreciate some help with the BS Virus and more

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wakeolda

I would appreciate some help in removing the BS Virus (forget the real name of this killer) and the trojan.peacom.b

This is on my daughter's machine and the BS makes you think you are running some kind of adaware type program.

Thing is this virus has complete taken over the machine and you can do nothing, hence the reason I am not uploading a hijack this log file.

Norton found the trojan.peacomm.b but did not remove it, rather sent it quarantine.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I am about to fdisk this machine and start over.

This machine is running xp pro service pack 1. Not sure why I hadn't installed sp 2 :)

Thanks in advance.

Steve

wakeolda

An update...

I attempted to use the win xp disk to repair and when I enter the admin password it kicks me out to the c:\windows prompt and stops. I can do a dos dir of the c:\windows directory.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts