1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

apps and store do not open in WINDOWS 10.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by stunnindenzel, Jun 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stunnindenzel

stunnindenzel Thread Starter

So I basicallly bought a new laptop two days ago and it came preinstalled with windows 10. However the store and the other apps like camera, xbox, music, weather and photos do not open and become grayed out whenever i click them Ive tried literally everything I've seen on the net.

I tried clearing the cache but i realised my store did not even have a folder yet

typing "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}" in the command prompt did not work

neither did "sfc /scannow" and other stuff I found on the internet work.

Any form of help will be appreciated :)

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Are you using a Microsoft user account or a local user account?

3. stunnindenzel

I am using a Microsoft user account. But I have tried on both the local and Microsoft account.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

It's under warranty, get an exchange from the store.

5. stunnindenzel

What exactly is under warranty? The whole windows or the store and the other apps? And will I have to pay to get an exchange from the store?

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

Usually, when things don't work out of the box, then it is candidate for an exchange, it shouldn't cost you anything.

7. stunnindenzel

I actually won the laptop. So I don't think I can go in for an exchange. Its such a shame there's really nothing I can do.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1173357

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice