Apps are stopping on my LG Stylo 4 android phone

linsjean

This is the lastest issue from the Update Center. "Unfortuanely, App Undates has Stopped" Only option is try again, and same things happen.

Once in a while see a notification on my phone screen where it says "app stopped" and it's so quick that I didn't catch it in time.

Also, I am not liking Exchange on my phone that says it's using up my battery. I don't know how to disable it.

Most important one is to update my phone.

For App Updates, you can go to Google App Store, and manually update all the apps that are installed.

linsjean

I went to the Play Store, and I see these options:

Software Update - Update all Apps
Update Software Latest
New Version Update
Update Software Fast Update for all Android
Software Updater 2021 - upgrade apps

And about 12 to 15 more.

Do you know the look of the icon so I can install the right one?

plodr

Liz
Play Store now lists your apps under the icon of your sign in at the far right of the screen. It used to be at the far left.

linsjean

I updated all, but there was only one to update, it was Outlook mail.

I saw an article on how to clear the cache. I did that, but App Updates is still giving me the eroor. The article also talks about Clearing Data, but I'm afraid I will lose all imprtant data.

plodr

Liz
I've never cleaned data so I can't advise you about that.

You don't need the app Software Updater 2021. Go to settings, then apps. Find this app and stop it, then remove it.

linsjean

I went to settings, then apps. I found Update Center and forced it to stop. Maybe that will fix the errors. It had no open to uninstall or remove.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online