1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Apps not showing in uninstall list

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by MrSwagMan666, Nov 9, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. MrSwagMan666

MrSwagMan666 Thread Starter

I want to uninstall and application I have but it is not showing up on my Program And Features

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

What's the name of the app/software?

3. MrSwagMan666

Minecraft...lol

4. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

What OS are you using?

5. MrSwagMan666

Windows 10

6. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

To uninstall app in windows 10, you go to settings, apps, apps/features, select the app you want to remove and click uninstall. Or, what I like to do is; I use Revo uninstaller and select the windows app tab and then select what app I wont to remove and then uninstall.

revo.PNG

7. MrSwagMan666

yes but thats the thing, Minecraft is not showing up in programs and features

8. britekguy

britekguy

How did this come to be on your system? I am asking because if there exists a portable version of this game, and that's what you have been using, it will not show up because it is not installed (in the literal sense, which involves the creation of registry entries).

Portable programs are removed simply by deleting the folder where they live. Also, where does Windows Search or the Everything search by voidtools.com report Minecraft as residing on your machine?

9. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

If I remember correctly, windows 10 did have Minecraft as a game app that came with windows. I'm almost positive about that. If that is the case.....like I said those MS store apps will not show up in program and features. None of those app will....ever.

Open up MS store and click on those 3 dots and select library and see if it listed in there.

10. MrSwagMan666

The first bit i understood and it was on the list before so i know its broken and the second bit i didnt understand

11. MrSwagMan666

no its minecraft java edition

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235485

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice