1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Apps won't open with Netscape open

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by helpseeker, Mar 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. helpseeker

helpseeker Thread Starter

This problem started after I re-installed Netscape7.0. I had to re-install because one day, out of the blue, I couldn't receive Netscape mail, even though it had been working fine for a year, and I changed nothing on the computer.

Anyway, the problem is this: With Netscape open (whether or not connected online) some of my apps try to open, but won't. I usually get a message saying "not enough memory" to run. When this happens, if I check system resources I find anywhere from 35% to 55% remaining. If I then close Netscape, the apps will open normally.

The apps I've (so far) had trouble opening include CD burning; scanner; the Hearts card game. I have no problem with Word; Excel; Real Player; Photoshop.

Before I re-install Netscape again (and who knows what'll happen then), I'd like to know what's really happening, and whether there's a simple 'tweaking' I can do to fix this.

Win98SE, 512Mb RAM, Netscape 7.0

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

2. mobo

mobo

Sunds like a botched install.. I would consider removing it all together then reboot and attempt a reinstall.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/209001