Aptio setup Utility screen when booting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Boosted

hello. New here. I have a Asus laptop running windows 8. When I boot up the laptop it pulls up a “Aptio setup Utility” screen with all kinds of options on it. I’m trying to just get the laptop to get to the home screen. When I click save and exit it just comes back up any guidance would be so great full.

Thank you

Attachments

managed

Allan
Use the right/left arrow keys to select Boot at the top of that screen and post a picture of the resulting screen please.

managed

Allan
Not much to see on that latest picture.

At the first screen under 'Main' near bottom right if it says F1 Generic settings/defaults or similar try pressing F1 then F10 to Save and Exit.
If that doesn't help try F9 if that says Optimal settings/default then F10 to Save and Exit.

Boosted

I’ve done both those that you have mentioned and the screen goes away and comes back up again

managed

Allan
Have a good look around in the Bios and see if the hard drive is shown and if it is check that it's the first boot device.

Boosted

No idea what you mean. What am I looking for when looking for the hard drive ? This is all a foreign language to me pretty much

TerryNet

Terry
"Main" and "Boot" didn't show the presence or absence of a hard drive. I'd next try "Advanced." Since every BIOS is different you have to "look around" and we cannot possibly know exactly where. Also, unless you tell us what hard drive is installed we cannot suggest exactly what text to look for.

Boosted

Can you tell what hard drive is in there if you open it up. ? I’ve had it opened up recently

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online