Aptio setup utility

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mjkseason

Hi. I have a MSI brand gaming laptop it’s exact marketing name is GE63 Raider RGB 9SE. I was watching a random YouTube video and the system essentially crashed. I tried rebooting and now I’m stuck on a screen with the title over head reading aptio setup utility. I’ve tried changing my Boot mode select from (UEFI) to LEGACY I’ve also tried changing the system boot order to hard disk. Researching the problem I found something about taking out the mother boarded battery or something like that but before gutting my laptop I’m hoping someone can help me figure out a caveman brain Level answer to my problem. Pretty please?

Attachments

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
That appears to be in the BIOS, have you tried clicking "ESC" to Exit and then it should reboot?

Mjkseason

That appears to be in the BIOS, have you tried clicking "ESC" to Exit and then it should reboot?
Once I exit or even save and reset
the laptop powers on and returns back to the aptio setup utility screen

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are you pressing any keys when the laptop starts booting up?

Mjkseason

Are you pressing any keys when the laptop starts booting up?
I’ve tried pressing
F3 to try and get windows recovery
F2 to get to motherboard functions
F9 on the hopes that my system forgot what it was and I had to recover like a ASUS
(When I changed my boot settings from UEFI to LEGACY soon restart I got a all black screen with white text don’t remember much about it but it would also just be stuck there with no hopes of changing it would read something along the lines of “index pex 2.0” In the beginning of the text and in order to get off that I had to press and hold the delete button to get back to Aptio Setup Utility page

Mjkseason

Mjkseason

I’d like to thank everyone who replied to my problem/issue and I appreciate taking the time to research your selves as well as share your own insight and knowledge. Tomorrow I will be contacting the MSI tech support number and then t nothing comes from it I will get in contact with customer service and hopefully getting a new laptop or my money back. Side note perhaps I should start a new thread however if I were to end up with my money back and I was going to get a new system what do you all recommend? Stick in the area of high end Gaming laptops or pitch in those extra bucks for a actual PC

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
make sure you put it back to UEFI as Windows was installed as UEFI. This should never been changed unless you are reinstalling Windows.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online