Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

APU throttling for no reason

826 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Donyay 
#1 ·
Rig.
Rx 480, undervolted to stop throtting at high temps.
A8 A8 6600k
450w

I have an amd apu that refuses to stay at a set clock speed while gaming, even if I'm using my discrete gpu the apu will throttle. Ill get an average 300-360 fps in csgo low settings then when something intensive happens it drops to as low 40 with a huge lag spike making it unplayable.
Settings in game dont effect these lag spikes, but do effect average fps.
Using the cpuz app I see my core speed and apu mulltiplier doesn't change until I get those lag spikes and they both drop signifigantly. (The multiplier goes from 42 to either 19 or 32 usually)
Ive disabled every power saving option in the bios and control center options have been set to max performance. Amd power now is off and I don't have cool and quiet as an option. I've updated drivers an bios.
Also my cpu is locked in offset mode, idk if that would have anything to do with it. (I have messed with its settings an got no change in performance)

#2 ·
The AMD A8-6600K APU processor and AMD Radeon RX 480 graphic card in your gaming rig use a combined total of 250W of power.
Rectangle Parallel Font Circle Number
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Number

You didn't provide the brand name and model number of that 450W power supply, so we don't know at this point if it's a quality one.
Even if it is, your gaming rig probably needs one with more wattage.

I'm not a gamer nor an over-clocker, so someone else here who is can address those issues.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.