Aq Wav???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cassandra

i noticed all my wav files now have the extension AQ_WAV and this is preventing them from being linkable on webpages. How did this happen? And how do i convert them back to just regular .wav

thank you

Sounds like some program has hijacked your .wav file association.
When you open one of these aq_wav files, what program plays it?
Is it something otehr than Windows Media Player?

What happens if you just manually rename the file back to .wav?

Gram

cassandra

it's the weirdest thing i ever saw. the files play normally in my windows media player, and all my comp sounds work fine. i wouldn't have even noticed it, except i tried to use a wav file on a webpage. when it didn't work, i did some investigation, and checking the properties showed me the fill was called AQ_WAV. But trying to link to that extention doesn't work either.

my mp3 files are the same. they all have an extention AQ_MP3 and also can't be linked on a webpage, only embedded.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online