Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arabic numbers

880 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  aattas 
#1 ·
hi

I have a form where two languages be entered at the same time, I have got the words and text entered in english and arabic , but when it comes to numbers and dates , it just stays as english . I tried through the control panel and change the neccassary but still the numbers stays english. If I completely in the control panel changed to arabic, all the english date and numbers are in arabic.

Is there a way that when pressing the ALT SHIFT the numerical also change to arabic ( text is fine in arabic ).

#2 ·
First, what program are you using?

it happens when you dont have an arabic font installed and selected as your text style. For example, if your default font is Times and you switch to arabic keyboard, it will let you type arabic but won't type the arabic numerals.

if you are typing in word, try to change over to an arabic font (not Adobe Arabic).

P.S. you will be able to type english numbers when you switch the keyboard to english and your font is an arabic font.

#3 ·
thanks for the respond, but I found the way to do it. FYI, I was able to define each field to change to Arabic individually by changing in the field's property " Numeral" to NATIONAL for numbers and dates.

But my next problem is that the date is showing dd/mm/yyyy. which its suppose to display yyyy/mm/dd. I tried the date format in properties but instead of showing hejri month it shows Gregorian month. I checked with options in access it is
'Hejri calendar". any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.