1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Arachnophobia

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by valley, Apr 21, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. valley

valley Thread Starter

I have it....not as bad as some people but bad enough. Spring is here, the spiders are starting to come out. Just had my first encounter yesterday. I accidentally hit my son like a linebacker in the process of getting out of the room.

Anyone else scared of spiders here?

2. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

I hate them!!! :eek: And it says that on average we "accidentally" consume about 5-8 spiders a year unknowingly!!! Yech!!!! :eek: I know in the country I read there are like a million spiders per acre! :eek: Lucky you Val! ;)

3. jackal969k

jackal969k

Spiders do not bother me Val. There are not too many deadly ones except the Black Widow and Brown Recluse. What amazes me is how they suddenly appear out of nowhere when you think there is not a single opening they can get through.

Spiders are given a bad rap and they are beneficial. I believe Hollywood has helped to enhance our fear of the critters.
    Have a good day! :)

4. angelize56

Spiders are beneficial Jackal....mine are on the way to your house! :D

5. jackal969k

jackal969k

LOL! No thanks Angel. I think I already have my share. Send them to Val. :D

6. angelize56

:D I'm sure she has her fair share on the way already! :eek:

7. valley

valley Thread Starter

Hi Marlene...I've heard that about eating them. I almost drank one one time when I was younger...it was swimming in a cup of milk I was drinking. It tickled my lip when I took a drink and thats how I saw it. :eek:

Hi Jackal...hollywood is not where I got my fear of them. It was falling face-first into a nest of them that did it. Ever had a couple of spiders scurry across your fair and up into your hair? Not a pleasant sensation. I know the rational reasons why I should not be bothered..its not like they can hurt me! Seeing them outside doesnt bother me. I go camping and hiking all of the time and am not bothered (thats why I say I dont have it as bad as other people) I've even walked up to the little ones and flicked them off of picnic table with a stick. I "freak" when they catch me unaware, especially in the house or the car. When my kids were younger, I refused to give in to the fear for their sake because I didnt want to pass on the fear to them. But I am back to being a big baby about them again now that I am sure they arent bothered by them. It drives me crazy that I have no control over how I react to them.

8. angelize56

This just reminded me of something my Dad did! The jokester! My Mom was very afraid of spiders and one night she went to a meeting somewhere so he pulled a prank on her! He hung a giant plastic spider on some thread over the kitchen door and when she walked in he dropped it in front of her! I've never seen a person jump so high and fast and scream so loud in my life! :eek: My Mom just about killed my Dad when she found out it was a fake spider! Then she burst out laughing! :D Parents! ;)

Don't be upset....they were always pulling pranks on each other! :)

9. angelize56

I once ate a jelly ant by accident...it did taste like jelly! I was about 6 at the time! :eek:

If a spider got close enough to tickle my lip...I'd probably scream! :eek:

10. valley

valley Thread Starter

LOL..as long as she laughed. I probably would laugh too, just out of relief that the thing wasnt real!

11. angelize56

:) I made sure I said she laughed as at first I thought it was mean! ;) Like I said....parents! :)

12. valley

valley Thread Starter

never heard of a "jelly" (no, dont show a pic plz ;) )

hubby thinks my spider phobia is great. He gets to be the hero time and time again when he rescues me from their evil little long-legged clutches.

13. angelize56

By the way...I corrected that to jelly ANT! :D

I had a friend who would only kill spiders by throwing a cup of boiling hot water on them! She was a little kooky anyways! Water spots all over the house! LMAO remembering! :D When me and two others were sharing a house she would say we were in her room because she saw our footprints in the carpet! :rolleyes: :D What a goof! And she had really long hair and she'd comb the shampoo through it then rinse! Strange cookie! :D Back to the creepy crawlies now! :)

14. valley

valley Thread Starter

lol...never thought of the boiling water thing. I always stand on the other side of the room with different types of ammunition (shoes, toys) and try to squash it from afar. Once it startles me, it may as well be a scorpion.

I wonder why your friend combed shampoo through her hair. :confused: Did she wet it first or do it dry?

ok, off to get groceries. ho hum.

15. angelize56

Wet....she was a kook! :D

I use bug spray to kill spiders! ;)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222528

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice