1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

arc soft software and my printer

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by shep1968, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shep1968

shep1968 Thread Starter

I have a HP 5150 printer and am using arc soft photo impression software. When i try to print a photo i get a message saying "there was an error writing to USB001 for the printer (hp deskjet 5100 series. Data error. (cyclic redundancy check) It is driving me mad. I have tried reinstalling. Has anybodycelse had this message or know what to do to print my pictures. The printer is fine with text files from word and excel.

2. cj_white

cj_white

do you have any other usb devices hooked up? if so try disconnecting them and then print. when you said you have reinstalled did that mean you have reinstalled the printer or the software? if its only one of them try reinstalling them both. this may not help you but at least you'll get bumped back up so more people wil look at it

3. jano73

jano73

I have a similar problem with HP 5150. When printing, with about 50% probability I get the data error message (the same one as posted in the previous message). I have no other USB devices attached. It happens also with simple text documents. The printer prints about 1/4-1/3 of page and it halts with that error message. I have no idea what to do about that. I tried almost everything. Reinstalled the drivers several times, etc.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172689

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice