Architecture renders

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

EoinH

I am a recent architecture graduate and I am interested in making renders a big part of my work. I have a personal computer but I feel like it could need upgraded and I am willing to invest roughly €1,000. I bought a pre build system because I was in uni and I didn’t have the knowledge or time to invest in building my own rig. This was good for simple interior renders with vray and sketchup but I want to use it for more complex and lush environments. Here are the specs;

Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 motherboard

AMD FX(tm)-6350 Six-Core Processor, 3900 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)

AMD Radeon (TM) R9 200 Series 2gb gddr5 graphics card

32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 803MHz ram

Raijintek Aidos cooler

Coolermaster 500w PSU

If there’s anything which stands out let me know.

Thanks

Triple6

Rob
You may want to look into professional workstations from HP or Dell, something like an HP Z440 with a Xeon processor and a Quadro or FirePro graphics card.

What software do you plan on using? What are it's requirements? Does the company provide a list of certified workstations?

EoinH

I will be using vray and sketchup. My current computer can handle these programs very well but I am wanting to get more dense models and larger variety of textures to render at once. Do you think I should buy a new complete rig?

Triple6

Rob
Well if it's doing it well then no, you don't need to do anything. These programs don't list very high requirements, your current PC exceeds them easily.

The only options for your current system that would help is an 8 core processor and maybe an SSD. You've got plenty of RAM and a good video card.

EoinH

Thanks, it seems that an 8 core processor would help with the more advanced renders which I want to achieve, would you recommend any particular model? An SSD drive doesn't seem too expensive either. My graphics card doesn't seem too bad but I have heard that the quadro graphics cards are much more suited to vray, although it is really the processor which does the work

EoinH

Thanks that's a pretty helpful list. If there would be a significant increase in performance I would consider buying a new intel motherboard. Would there be an issue with case compatibility?

Triple6

Rob
Depends on the case and the motherboard, size would be the only consideration.

Also if you went to the latest Intel platform you would also need new DDR4 RAM.

EoinH

Ah ok, that might not be worth replacing then. I'll look into the best processor I can get without having to change too much

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online