Archive folders

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

andersont232

Hey guys,

I am trying to move couple of 2G outlook archived folders from a desktop to my laptop. Every time I try to copy or move the folders, I get error messages and it won’t let me move them. What can I do?

Thanks for the help

Anne Troy

Anne
What are the error messages?

Of course, you should make sure you have Outlook closed when you do it, so we know that the files aren't in use.

Also, I hope you don't always push that 2GB limit...

andersont232

It is. I have created a couple of them since Microsoft limit the size of the pst files to 2G. I can't copy them, move them or even dump them to dvd.

Thanks for the help,

From the Windows Explorer, if you can't copy the file, perhaps it has gotten corrupted. Not the first time it happens when PST files start gettting that large.

What is the error message when you try and copy the files.

Can you copy them to the same computer without an error.

You might try running a chkdsk.

Also,MS has a tool which might help as well with corrupted large PST files.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=B33B1DFF-6F50-411D-BBDF-82019DDA602E

Looks like this problem has been eliminated with Outlook2003.

andersont232

Thanks Bob, the file is not corrupt since I can open them in my current desktop. I can copy to the same machine. the error message is Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

Again, thanks for your help

Is the problem just when you try and copy the files from one computer to another over a network?

What are the exact steps and what is the exact error message.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online