1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Archive PST files Outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Andy845, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy845

Andy845 Thread Starter

I can't be sure that my computer is archiving as I have set to be advised before archiving (Every 7 days.) but I get no notification. How can I check all is well with archiving and backing up my PST files.

Thanks in advance.

Andy.
    Vista Business using Outlook Office 2007

2. josephhand

josephhand

You need to verify the settings under Tools | Options. Go to the 'Other' tab and click the Auto-Archive button. If it is set to run, you may not have the "Prompt before AutoArchive runs" option checked that would give you the visual queue that it is happening.

Further on down the dialog box, you will see the "Move old items to:" radio button and under it, a path to a .pst file, usually something like the following: C:\Documents and Settings\userprofilename\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst

If you copy that path (highlight it and hit Ctrl+C) to the clipboard, you can then exit out of the dialogs and click on File | Open | Outlook Data File...

Paste (Ctrl+v) the path in the File Name text box and hit "OK", your PST with the AutoArchived mail in it will appear on the list of mailboxes and folders on the left of the screen.
    -joe

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756015

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice