Archives

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Darkicon

I downloaded a linux distro (Freeware) from a Usenet server, but for some reason I can't seem to extract it. The files are .001 to .050. I know files with those extensions usually means the archives were split.

Here's all the things I tried that failed.

1. Used HJSplit to join them, and extract the archive, which oddly resulted in a 50mb ISO (Real size is much larger).
2. Extracted the .001 file with WinRar, resulted in asking me to locate the .R01 file which means it's not using volumes.
3. Extracted .001 with 7-Zip, resulted in it extracting a 50mb ISO like in #1.
3. Selected all .001 through .050 and extracted with 7-zip, resulted in extracting each one, but replacing the previously extracted one.

It came with PARs so I checked them with QuickPar and all the files are there, none are broken or anything. I also used 7-zip to test the .001 file and it showed the full size of it.

So how the heck am I supposed to extract it?

Edit: Also, if I check .050 with 7-zip it says the archive is broken, but according to QuickPar, it's not.

Darkicon

Nope, no .RAR in there, and the SFV and PAR doesn't say there's supposed to be.

Darkicon

Ubuntu 8.04.

It wasn't packed by the developers though. It was packed by whoever distributed it on usenet.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online