1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Archiving Home directories on NT Server

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by winny, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winny

winny Thread Starter

Hi , I am going barmy with trying to archive about 60 home directiry folders on to a remot CDRW drive on a Windows 98 workstation.
    1. Used attrib *.* +A /s on the the the main Users Home directory
    then used xcopy *.* ( Mapped users folders) to CDRW drive
    and some files display access denied.
    2 I have also tried using Easy CD Creator to do a data copy again will do some and give the same results.
    3 also Direct CD which does Copy and paste.
    My usual archiving method (taoe) is busted, so can anyone please
    advise.
    Thanks in advance. Also would know how to run a series of commands using Shutdown from the desktop. Many thanks

2. Monstrous Mi

Monstrous Mi

I don't know what you mean by this question. Please elaborate.

Also, as for your CDRW question, you cannot burn over a network. The CDRW and the harddrive need to be on the same machine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice