1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Archos 10 Blue Screen of Death: Please Help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Hammermeister, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammermeister

Hammermeister Thread Starter

I have an Archos 10 netbook with Windows XP. I bought this computer mid November of 2009 and a month later I got a facebook virus. This caused my computer to start running slower and eventually when I would try to start my computer it would fail. It has been a thing that has caused me stress over the last year because this was a computer that was meant to help me in college. Now I have no computer for college work and not enough money to take it to get fixed for upwards $200 that they want to even look at it. Here is the problem:

As I start the computer when it comes to the screen with options before it loads, my f9 (key for system restore) doesn't even work. When I let it proceed to the next screen it says that the computer was turned off incorrectly and gives the three safe-mode start options, last working configuration, and start normally options. I can click any of them I wish but the result is the same.

When the next screen comes up, with the Windows logo on it, 1-2 seconds later it stops loading and a blue screen flashes for .1 seconds and the computer restarts over. This process will repeat itself for oh... I think I tried all my options for about 2 hours.

Next, I have come to believe that I have tried every configuration of starting this computer by trying a different way over and over and over for several months. It has come to a point where its driving me crazy. I want to know if its savageable or going to be the next youtube clip where I distroy it with a weapon of the internet's choosing lol. I can't afford to distroy it if it can be savaged, or fix it professionally as they take the money I need to eat and live with.

By the computer gods out there please grace me with your knowledge to fixing my Blue Screen of Death?, error and restore my sanity!!! Thank you in advance!! :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971883

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice