1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Arcsoft Showbiz and Video Grabber

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by dannyboyfx, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyboyfx

dannyboyfx Thread Starter

I have a video grabber that uses usb 2.0 and can record from yellow, red, and white cables. It came with arcsoft showbiz 2.0 dvd. If I want to record video it works just fine, but when i choose to use the USB EMP sound recorder the computer stops responding. Screen goes black, have to turn it off by holding power button down. Tried unistalling/reinstalling drivers and software. And one time it worked. So i stopped the recording, played the file to see what happens, and i get audio. Start a new recording, and now I am back to black screen.

If I go in and check the event viewer nothing major pops up. Nothing seemed to happen from the time it worked to the time it didn't.

Any help would be much appreciated. No idea why a program trying to grab sound from usb would cause the video to go out.

[Edit] More info
    If I unplug the device, start the program, then plug it in. I can select the usb emp sound recorder and press record, then it won't freeze until i select a place to save it to. no matter where that location is. I also got it to work once more for two minutes until the program said i was recording copyright video, and cut it off. The hardware/software people are not agreeing on whose problem it is.

Thanks,

Danny

2. dannyboyfx

dannyboyfx Thread Starter

It turns the screen off with corel studio pro. Does that mean it is a driver problem?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/863381

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice