1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

are computer and monitor compatible

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by shamch, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shamch

shamch Thread Starter

Hi, Can a Dell XP Demension 8200 Tower :confused:work with a old HP Pavillion mx 50 monitor?
    I presently have Windows ME however, I'm getting a used XP computer.

2. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Yes, a HP monitor will work with a Dell desktop. Monitors and desktops don't have to be the same brand to work with each other.

As cheap as LCD monitors have gotten, you'll be much happier with a 19" LCD monitor instead of that old 15" CRT monitor. It's also much lighter and easier to move around, and it uses less power.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The move from Windows ME to Windows XP is a good move. Practically all new software and hardware only works with Windows XP, 2000, and Vista.

You say you're getting a used Windows XP computer? Has the hard drive been wiped out and had Windows XP re-installed fresh in it, or is it one with someone else's leftover programs and files and junk?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

3. shamch

shamch Thread Starter

Hi, flavallee, Yes, the owner said the hard drive has been wiped out and XP is reinstalled. Thank you very much for your help.

4. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

You're welcome. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/796803