1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Are EDRAM and SDRAM interchangeable?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BigDaveinNJ, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigDaveinNJ

BigDaveinNJ Thread Starter

My owners manual is long gone for one of my PCs, although I believe the person I bought it from said that my PC had SDRAM in it.

Well.... according to PC PITSTOP, they are telling me in there test analysis that I have 6 EDRAM slots with just one 64mb RAM populating one slot.

Are these two types of ram similar, the same, interchangeable? I would like to know before ordering any.

Thanks in advance

DAVID

2. brianF

brianF

You really need to check your motherboard manual. Some motherboards can use different types of ram, but generally not at the same time.
    Do you know the motherboard make and model or computer make and model

3. plejon

plejon

Check out http://www.crucial.com/

Their site has a pretty good database of motherboards and the ram they need.

They also have a more general discussion of the different types of ram on their site.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58230

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice