1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Are expensive 'gaming mice' worth thier price?

Discussion in 'Games' started by teeth_03, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teeth_03

teeth_03 Thread Starter

like this Microsoft SideWinder Mouse on the back of a new tigerdirect catalouge for $69.99

lol,first mouse with a LCD screen

that lil note aside,otherwise,do mice thats worth around the same price actually help you aim better?

2. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

yes ... sort of
    when you are talking about mice with high resolutions (in the 1600 DPI range) you get more accurate control in games but at the cost of very quickly reacting cursors which can be torture when trying to aim in FPS games. The Logitech MX series has a nice feature that lets you drop the resolution at the click of a button (great when aiming with a scope) then another click when you are off and moving again gives you your speed back.

I was very happy with my MX500 until I broke the left button on it (close to three years of gaming) and now am even happier with the MX518 I'm using now.

another plus of the more expensive gaming mice is the extra buttons that can be mapped to perform different functions in game. For example my 2 thumb buttons usually get mapped to drop prone and to reload, nice to be able to do those without letting go of the mouse or moving my hand from the WASD movement keys

3. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

It really depends how much gaming you do, and whether a "standard" mouse is good enough for you. I used to use a MS 4 button mouse, the only prob I ever had was sweaty palms. Got round that by using velcro, just the hook part, and sticking a piece on th ebuttons and a couple of strips on the body. Actuallt did make quite a difference!
    Currently, I run a Fatal1ty 101 mouse, as I find the 4 button layout good for me, along with the mouse. You also get 3 different res changes, easy to change, for sweeps or fine tunes. Love it! And it came from ebay, brand new, for about 15 quid ($30) which is not too bad, considering th eprice MS are looking for. The only caveat I would give is that if you are using mouse/ ketboard, get a good keyboard. Doesnr mean expensive or mega buttons, but one you feel comfortable on. I run a Z Board Merc, as it gives you a full WASD layout on nice big keys, and a good number of wel placed keys round it. Highly recommended if you can find one!! The point is that no matter how good the mouse, without a good keyboard it wont make any major difference.
    As an aside, I have 2 keyboards connected, a MS natural as well as the Z board. The MS I feel more comfortable with for typing, and its easy enough to have one on the desk and one on the keyboard drawer :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650268

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice