1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

>Are Laptop video cards upgradeable<<<<<<

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by daze420, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. daze420

daze420 Thread Starter

:confused: !!!!!!I have a presario 700 laptop with 256 mb of ram 2.5 gig of memory and windows xp pro. I have a graphics twister k video card and it is very slow. What i am wondering is can i put a geforce 5200 or another good video card in it to replace the old one? I usualy play games on it and i need it to be smoother. PLZ HELP THX U.!!!!!!! :D

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

No you cannot. Laptop video is integrated into the Mobo.

3. active95

active95

Like Dave said, in your particular case u can't, but on your next laptop upgrade, think Alienware Area -51 or VoodooPc :D

4. Fastlane247

Fastlane247 It's My Birthday!

I actually work for compaq and i know for a fact you cannot upgrade a video card on a note book they are all onboard, which is why laptops are never a good choice if you ever plan on playing games... laptop= word document, desktop=gaming and fun. My opinion laptops are a waist of money unless you travel all the time and need it for business or important school work. Never buy a laptop expecting to game on it even if the ad says it is ment for gaming it is not.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218308

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice