1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Are My Laptop Specs Good Enough To Record Games?

Discussion in 'Games' started by EpicLifeGaming, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EpicLifeGaming

EpicLifeGaming Thread Starter

Hey Guys!

I respect everyone's opinion! I have come to you guys with a problem and a question. So currently I record games with Reflector for my Ios/Android Games and Elgato for my Console games. Now I am trying to record PC games. I tried recording the last few days and have only run into problems with lag and other issues. So I was wondering if my laptop specs were good enough to record PC games without lag or other issues. I have a Asus Notebook. Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU 1.80GHz 2.40 GHz. RAM 8 GB. 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor. GeForce 745m graphics card. 1 TB Hard Drive. Windows 8 and currently using Open Broadcast Software to record my PC gameplay. And I have only tried to record the new game Stranded Deep. So I have been having problems with Lag in all my gameplay unless I turn down my quality to toaster mode. Are these specs good enough to actually record smooth good quality gameplay out of? Or do I need to upgrade my equipment? Let me know if you guys need any other information. Thank you guys for any help! You guys are always helpful!

2. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

Where are you getting the games from that you are recording? ie: Amazon, game manufacturer's websit etc.

3. EpicLifeGaming

EpicLifeGaming Thread Starter

I purchased my game that is lagging with Steam

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142720

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice