1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Are speakers all alike?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by chuck911, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuck911

chuck911 Thread Starter

I bought a Dell E310 system without speakers. I thought I would go ahead and use the speakers from my old computer. Now, I'm not sure if they are compatible. The speakers from my old computer (gateway) are made by
    Altac Lansing Model GCS 100 with a DC input of 15v. The Dell uses a Model A215 which is also made by Altac Lansing. Can someone tell me if these are compatible? I don't want to blow something up if they're not. Thx!

Chuck

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Plugging in those speakers to the sound card ports isn't going to hurt anything. They'll either work or won't work. They won't blow up anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432002

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice