1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Are there any devices that can capture a video frame and save it to a flash drive?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by rmay635703, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rmay635703

rmay635703 Thread Starter

I actually believe I have seen one of these some time back but need to know the model. (almost seems like MS had one)

My parents have an old photography system that is video only and we need to save video frame captures to a flash drive
    to run our new mug printer.

Any ideas if such a thing exists?

I don't care if it was an old device or new just so I know the model and can find it.

Otherwise I need a new printer that can capture and print images from composite video (not likely)

Though I do remember cannon offered such an upgrade add on for one of its bubble jets, if you remember which model its appreciated, seems like it was a model from around 97-98ish.

Also can any of the copy machines mirror the printout for transfer to a t-shirt without a computer?

I have been looking for one that is catered to graphics but everyone wants to make everything complex, my folks are PC incompatible and need it kept simple.

Cheers
    Ryan

2. rmay635703

3. Rick_in_Fla

Rick_in_Fla

If you can get the video onto your computer than you could use any software video player or editor to take snapshots wherever you wish. These would be saved as jpg's that you could transfer to a flash drive.

4. rmay635703

If I were using the computer yes, but I am not involved in it anymore.

My parents run a poster business at fairs, they cannot and will not use a normal computer.

I might be able to get them to learn how to print an image from a camera card though.

Which is why something simple would be best, no computer involved.

Closest I have found is a Sony Snaplab, sadly getting video from their portait box to it requires a device that can save a jpg freeze frame from a composite image.

5. antimoth

antimoth

Here's an off the wall thought, A cathode ray tube won't photograph properly (scan lines) , but flat screens should work. Mine does anyway. Shoot a photo of the screen with a digital. If you're printing on coffee mugs, probably enough detail. Posters. No.

6. rmay635703

Hmm, generally I never figure stuff like that would work but I guess they already have a converter box to run their portrait box into a flat screen so it should be possible if there isn't too much glare/distortion.

I think the image quality would be reduced even more though and it wouldn't provide consistant quality.

As for posters their portrait box still has a couple printers for that purpose that are supported and have supplies so I can do posters using the box itself, Another issue with doing posters is that the printer/copier must be able to mirror the image which none I can find do (except for antiques)

Cheers
    Ryan

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!